Friday 25 March 2011

How to prepare mangoes.

Dear followers,

I am sorry I haven't been blogging recently, I came to Vietnam last month and I haven't had a kitchen until now (but still not a very good kitchen and without half the things I would like) but the food here is interesting and the fruits especially, so learning lots of new things.

Today we're are going to learn how to prepare mangoes properly! ...I ate six mangoes today.
Mangoes are a 'hot food' according to Ayurvedic medicine, which means they are great for energy and will wake you up!

Hold the mango with the pointy side facing.
Find the angle where the sides are flattest.
Slice down slowly, you should feel you are next to the stone.

Do on each side so you have almost two halves.
Slice down and across, making square shapes, taking care not to go through the skin.
Push the sides back a bit so the mango looks like this...

You can then slice out the squares from the peel quite easily.
Peel the rind off the remaining part and slice away any fruit from the sides.

I love to eat mango by itself but you can add them to smoothies or fruit salads as well! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment